Saturday, March 07, 2009

9-11 Victim Aleksandr Ivantsov Helped Bring the Internet to Abakhan, South Siberia

"I had this hope. I saw friends who were crying and I said: `It's only been three days. Let's wait. Miracles do happen.' And they were looking at me like, `Well.' Even in December 2001 I had hope. I even had a tiny little hope in October 2002."--Anna Ivantsov

Aleksandr Ivantsov, an immigrant to America from the city of Abakhan in South Siberia, was only 23 when he was killed on 9-11 in the World Trade Center. According to his bride Anna, her young husband helped bring the Internet to his hometown. I wish I knew more about this bright computer expert from far away Abakhan, the capital of the Republic of Khakassia in South Siberia. [See the official website of Абакан.]

The ignorant, vicious, evil, KGB stooge Ward Churchill--- an academic fraud who denigrates Indian leaders who don't toe his party line as government stooges and who "jokes" in three scholarly books that American mothers should "snuff" their babies and kill themselves to "do the planet a real favor"---characterized Aleksandr as a "Little Eichmann"; but Aleksandr's nickname was Dobriy, which means "a very nice person" in Russian.

Here is the story of Aleksandr as told by his wife, Anna.

Aleksandr used the Internet to land a job as a computer programmer at Cantor Fitzgerald. When he got himself established, he sent for Anna. They were married in 2000, and on 9-11-01, Anna became a widow. Cantor Fitzgerald has a memorial site with a picture of Aleksandr and Anna. Cantor Fitzgerald lost 658 people that day, about two-thirds of their employees.

Anna told the New York Times (3-9-03):

..."His e-mail address was his nickname in Russian, Dobriy, which means a very nice person.

For 23 years old, he was very mature. Before I came to New York, every day he would call me and tell me how he was getting ready for me. He was spending all his money calling me!

We were all alone in the whole world here. There were two of us. Nothing else was needed.

We loved dancing. We would take the ferry to Staten Island and go to dance clubs. If I get tired of dancing, he would take me in his arms. We were on our own; we could go anywhere and be independent. It was his character. He liked to be independent." [New York Times, 3-9-03]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home