Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Dr. Jones Assumes Role as Director of Research at the Climate Research Unit (CRU)

"'People said I should go and kill myself. They said that they knew where I lived. They were coming from all over the world,' [climate change scientist Dr. Phil Jones] said. But he said he had been encouraged by the love of his five-year-old granddaughter. 'I wanted to see her grow up.'

Reacting today to the Russell review and his reinstatement at the CRU, he said: 'I am, of course, extremely relieved that this review has now been completed. We have maintained all along that our science is honest and sound and this has been vindicated now by three different independent external bodies. There are lessons to be learned from this affair and I need time to reflect on them before speaking in public, particularly given the scope of this report.

'Meanwhile, I would like to thank those who have supported me over this period and now I would like to concentrate on my new role as director of research in the CRU, which will allow me to focus my full attention on the science of climate change.'"---Dr. Phil Jones in the U.K. Guardian (7-7-10)

The Guardian (7-7-10) reports:

Professor Phil Jones, the pivotal figure in the 'Climategate' affair, is to assume the newly created post of director of research in the Climatic Research Unit, following his exoneration by the Russell review, the University of East Anglia said today. Jones stood down from his role as director of the university's Climatic Research Unit in November 2009 after an inquiry was announced into questions raised by the hacking and publication online of 13 years of emails between the professor and his colleagues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home